If you have read the Yes Argument, you deserve to hear the truth about their position.
The Yes on Flood Tax Argument uses scare tactics to sell a tax. We use FACTS from County reports and validated tax figures to educate and empower.
The pro argument is not well grounded in fact.
After reading the Staff Reports, we have to wonder how proponents reach their conclusions.
- Highway 37 Flooding was neither The Zone’s nor Novato taxpayer’s responsibility.
- Zone levees performed well – water did not need to be released into seasonal flood basins because levels were manageable.
- The Zone has already applied for special project funds from FEMA, FERP and LLAP.
Proponents obviously haven’t investigated what money is available for flood control:
- $1,500,000 in Zone reserves for FLOOD CONTROL
- $2,000,000 annual revenue for FLOOD CONTROL
- $25,000,000 annual revenue for Bay Area FLOOD CONTROL & Habitat Restoration
Did Pro-tax proponents even seek SPECIAL PROJECT FUNDING?
- Critical flood prevention measures should get priority funding in yearly budget allocations. They happen every Spring!
- Special flood and habitat restoration projects are exactly what you already pay for with the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority tax starting this calendar year.
- The Zone has income from the Stonetree driving range which leases our Seasonal Flood Plain.
This is an old fashioned shake down, Novato. Don’t buy it! Visit NoNovatoFlood.com to calculate online the effect on your tax bill and read our researched and source referenced information on why this tax is an unnecessary tax grab.
Vote No on Measure E.